The personal data you have provided (“Data”) will be processed by Flexlease Ltd. (“Company, We, Us”) to provide you with the service you have requested. We will also perform surveys on customer satisfaction related to the quality of our goods and services, provided that it is in our legitimate interests to do so. If you consent to us doing so, we will send you relevant marketing information and carry out market research about our products and services so that you don’t miss out on current offers. If you tell us that you want to receive communication that is specific to you, then we will analyse your personal preferences, interests or behaviours so that we can send you customised communication that we think you might like. If you tell us that you’re interested in receiving relevant offers from others companies that might interest you, then we will share your Data with companies in our group and selected partners in the automotive, financial, insurance and telecommunication sectors with whom we work closely.
What happens if I do not consent?
Submitting the Data is never mandatory however, if you do not provide essential information, we will not be able to provide you with the service requested. Only the fields with an asterisk are essential for us to be able to provide you with the service which you have requested. If you don’t fill in the optional fields, we will still be able to provide you with the service. If you do not consent to us marketing to you, we will not be able to tell you about our latest offers or deals which we think you might like.
Who processes the data?
The Data may be processed by natural persons and/or legal entities (“processors”), acting on our behalf under our specific instruction or contractual obligations. We may send the Data to third parties to comply with legal obligations, or for security purposes.
Who is the data controller?
The data controller is Flexlease Ltd., You can contact the Data Protection team by email.
Where will my data be processed?
Processors are usually based in EU Member States but we may transfer the Data in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, to store them in databases managed by entities acting on our behalf. These processors of the Data are bound by the instructions we give them to process the Data and must do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In the event the Data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will use appropriate measures to guarantee adequate protection of the Data, usually in the form of standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission for the transfer of personal data outside of the EEA.
How long will my data be kept?
In providing you with the service you requested, we may store your Data for as long as is necessary to protect our interests relating to potential liability related to that service. We will only keep the Data for as long as is deemed strictly necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. You may withdraw your consent to marketing and other activities unrelated to the performance of the specific service requested at any time, following which the Data will no longer be used for that purpose. Although we will not contact you for that purpose any longer, we may still store it to protect our interests.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to:
1. know if any data about you is being processed by us and, where applicable, have access to it;
2. rectify any inaccurate information we have about you or to have it erased when the request is legitimate;
3. restrict the processing of the Data when the request is legitimate;
4. portability, where applicable so that you can obtain the Data in a structured, ordinarily used and readable format, as well as the right to transfer the Data to other controllers;
5. object to the processing of the Data when the request is legitimate;
6. lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case of unlawful processing of Data.
You can exercise these rights by writing to the data controller at the above address or you can email us.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 1 Glencurrig, South Douglas Road, Cork.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we may collect
The following are the cookies we may collect and what information they store.
- _ga (29 bytes) - This is a Google Analytics cookie to track visitors to carlease4u.ie (IP address or other personal information is not recorded). This cookies has a lifetime of 1 year.
- _gat (5 bytes) - This is a Google Analytics cookie to track visitors to carlease4u.ie (IP address or other personal information is not recorded). This cookie has a lifetime of 1 hour.
- _gid (30 bytes) - This is a Google Analytics cookie to track visitors to carlease4u.ie (IP address or other personal information is not recorded). This cookies has a lifetime of 1 day.
- cookie-agreed (7 bytes) - This cookie manages your cookie preferences for flexlease.ie. The only information recorded is ‘0’, ‘1’ or ‘2’ depending on your choice in the cookies message pop-up. The cookies has a lifetime of 100 days.